Wednesday 13 August 2008

Elephant hunt part 2

I hosted my first PartyLite party last night at Tina's. I was very nervous but really excited too... the candles looked lovely once they were all lite and the girls thought it all amazing. Soon everyone started to arrive, I guess there was about 20 or so waiting to hear me speak...oh god, well here goes.... but everyone enjoyed got a further 2 bookings and loads of orders and future interest. A fun night I think...although I am tired so looking forward to an early night or a bit of crafting tonight x Monday was a good day, so off we set early, well when I say early I mean before lunch! Our first visit was to the forum for a map, did I say there are 53 elephants around Norwich and everyone is as different as the next. There has been a lot of work gone into these. They are going up for auction at the end of the month and I'm sure they will sell for an amazing amount of money. Norwich City FC has one in their grounds and I'm sure they will keep it.

We only managed to find about 20 or so as time was running out and little legs were getting tired but I think we found our most favourite one last. She is called Angel and was made out of broken mirrors and glass I think you will agree she is the most geogeous elephant you have every seen.

The elephants are only around until the end of August, then I think Norwich will be a very empty place.....

2 comments:

Susie Little said...

My son and I have had great fun with the Elephants too!
His favourite is the Dr Who tardis Ele at the surrey street Bus station and the Bumble bee on Timber Hill. My favourite has to be the mirrored one you have photographed!

Sequin Bead said...

Delighted to hear your Partlite night went well for you. All the best with future partylite evenimgs. the candles look magnificent x